Friday, June 3, 2011

Spar-Thaiiiiiiii

So yesterday I had a Thai craving and decided to hit my favorite spot Thai Kitchen in East Lansing, which i like to call Thai Kitty (i think my friend Bunmi put me onto them and that nick name) for early dinner.

Anyway They never Fail! I'm thankful for thailand... Their Shrimp Pad Tai hit the spot. Thai ppl sure know how to blend contrasting things well in all aspects of life. They eat sweet and savory food, they are friendly with a no nonsense attitude, and their city is a mix of rural and urban flair!. And Thai people I've met are so open to get to know others no matter the culture. They only care that you are nice! I LOVE them. Sawatdee Kaa my beautiful Thai People! Love ya

Okay, back to the reason I blogged. That thai dinner reminded me to blog about this cool new transportation service I ran across in Michigan. Its called Spar-Thai! So fitting. The place is owned by David Thorin and his uber-sweet Thai wife! She is so nice. Her smile alone sells the business. Anyway they were inspired by the Thai cabs that take people from place to place in Thailand... like Nigerian Okadas, but with cabooses attached.

(Picture of the thai scooters, Ask Mr Thorin about their story, you will be pleasantly surprised)

They opened Spar-Thai  to add a eco friendly way for students to get around and also for new students and families to get tours of the city and campus. The bikes are pedal/battery operated and go about 15mph. Their prices are much cheaper than the cabs around  Lansing or even the Green Cabs, which I happen to use often. Sorry green cabs, I think I found a nice summer alternative for when I'm not in a rush.

The Spar-Thai brand also doubles as a laundry service for MSU Campus Students because it is right in the heart of the Campus Social Center (Grand River Ave). If you need a ride or just want to see what its like, call 517-333-8700. They are also looking for scooter operators so if you are a student and need a job, call them. www.spar-thai.com

(Mrs Thorin and their little puppy pose by the scooters)


(toy version of the Thai scooters that inspired them, made of Sprite and other Coke brand Cans)

Anyway this is another reason to love my Thai sisters and brothers!

Sidenote: I wonder if this idea would work in Nigeria? Maybe Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Miss Adelaja. I'm a student, an artist, a fashionista, an innovator, and entreprenuer. Watch me as I navigate through this thing called life on a mission to succeed. Who know where it will lead me? US, Naija, Europe, the Moon. Lets go there. I know you will enjoy the ride.