Sunday, June 5, 2011

EL's got Talent...local urban arts

Okay, so I didn't really used to think that East Lansing had any creative arts notches on its belt except for the whole big jazz scene in old town, but I got a little taste of Urban Expression ... 


Lifesize handmade chess set?! 
Whoa, fancy and functional. Heavy wood pieces probably give a good workout too. 

Local Indie/Rock Band?
Double Whoa!!!! These guys were just on a bench in an ally practicing their MUZAK. It was really good. 


Graffiti Wall Art??
In little old East Lansing? Triple Whoaaaaa! These works of art remind me of NYC trains covered with tags of gang members. But this is a little different. You can obviously see the artistic element in these. Pretty heavy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Miss Adelaja. I'm a student, an artist, a fashionista, an innovator, and entreprenuer. Watch me as I navigate through this thing called life on a mission to succeed. Who know where it will lead me? US, Naija, Europe, the Moon. Lets go there. I know you will enjoy the ride.