Friday, June 3, 2011

Tech Thursday... soon to be Techie Tuesday

So I am not a techie in any way. I can't code and such, but I love tech related things. I love the newest tech toys that come out. You will catch me eyeing phones, laptops, 3D-tvs lol yes thats me. And I love tech companies, apps, and such because its so amazing how people can make million dollar start ups from an idea and an ability (coding) and ability to make it popular. Other products, you need actual materials to build, capital, etc, but if you have a great idea and can show a beta version of a product, people will pay you to make it big and monetize it. Well this is my non-tech, non-business saavy take on the whole process.

So that being said, I will start talking about tech stuff on tuesdays. But because I just couldn't wait, I just wanted to post the following cool things I found...

1)I found such a cool website afrinnovators http://afrinnovator.com Check them out..

2)Along the same lines, here's another one TechLoy http://www.loyokezie.com/ pretty cool sites & lets me keep up with tech info so i can impress my techie friends

3) Garage 48. A Startup Weekend like event that is more known in eastern Europe, garage 48 came to Nigeria. Check out what they accomplished in one weekend... http://garage48.org/blogger/projects-on-garage48-lagos-2011

4)I like the concept of www.ahhha.com you never know if your idea will hit. Post it up and see what people think.

5)Here is Go2Gurl... a pro service 4 Nigeria. Its for Nigerian professional who are a) moving back, b) opening a business, c) need a professional assistant and need professional help doing it all. If this is you, use http://www.go2gurl.com but my question is "is it worth it/would you use it?"

6) Lastly, I was on Craigslist the other day and just to check, I realized there is no Craigslist in Nigeria. There is one in SA, Ghana, but no Naija. Whats up with that? Do People really consider us that shady? Maybe we've been banned... hope not.

Anyway interesting things. Let me know what you think or if there is something that you recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Miss Adelaja. I'm a student, an artist, a fashionista, an innovator, and entreprenuer. Watch me as I navigate through this thing called life on a mission to succeed. Who know where it will lead me? US, Naija, Europe, the Moon. Lets go there. I know you will enjoy the ride.