Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Bible 3D IMAX

I really love stories like Thor, Green Lantern, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings.  They are really suspenseful. They sell out in the box office too because of all the flying quiditch balls, the action and love scenes. This past week, Harry Potters last movie came out and It really sold like usual at the box office. People have been gaga over JK rowling! How does she do it? What is she doing?

I know as a Christian I should like Harry Potter because of the witch craft. I try to tune that out and like the movie for the great directing (Lord please forgive me) But it makes wonder why they haven't had the same success with bible stories. I mean... why can they take the story of david and make it like Lord of the rings? A small little Jewish farm hobbit has to fight a huge Goliath in a pasture 300 style. That would be awesome!

The second movie in the thrillogy would be when that King wants to kill david and the third would be bathsheba. Matter of fact, we can keep going and head straight into solomon. Dude's story is great. we would do the same for Joseph and Ester and other Bible great. When I read the bible it reads better than JK Rowling  at least the amplified version does. I mean. When I watch spartacus on Starz, I feel like i could be watching Daniel in the lions den.

I watched that TD jakes movie jumping the broom. It sure was good, and it hid christian values in a really good story plot. Issues of abstinence were woven into the plot in a way that just made you say yeah some people wait and made it seem normal. It didnt shove it down peoples throat. It made people  subconsciously open to the idea.

After all they say the devil tries to make things appealing so you let him in without even knowing. Maybe we as Christians need to get off our high horse about what is acceptable ways to get out a message. More people would be open to Christ if we told his story in the way we understand it nowadays. Jesus told parables to help us understand. Now we dont speak in parables, we speak in Facebook statuses and tweets and trailers.

Check out this Manga version of the bible. Comic Book style. What do you think ? (By the way, a Nigerian is behind this idea! I think it's awesome)
 http://blog.cleveland.com/lifestyles/2008/02/new_manga_version_of_bible_tur.html

Medicine goes down better with sugar, not castor oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Miss Adelaja. I'm a student, an artist, a fashionista, an innovator, and entreprenuer. Watch me as I navigate through this thing called life on a mission to succeed. Who know where it will lead me? US, Naija, Europe, the Moon. Lets go there. I know you will enjoy the ride.