Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Its Techie Tuesday July 19, 2010

So my Techie Tuesday focus is Startup Weekend Lagos!!!!!


I'm sure you are wondering what Startup Weekend is, well the concept behind Startup Weekend is 54-hours of “No Talk, All Action” where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups!



Another way to say it is You Pitch, You Build, You Present, You Win.... well you pray you win. Startup Weekend usually produces some top Tech Companies and competition is cut throat because prizes include access to investors, opportunities to pitch ideas, Cash prizes, incorporation of the business, mentoring, trips overseas, etc.

Startup Weekend has generated over 503 successful startups and have cycles over 27,000 entrepreneurs through the Startup Weekend Camp. I think that's pretty impressive.



Let me disclose the conflict of interest. I'm on the planning committee of Startup Weekend Lagos, so yeah I'm excited about it! But I am also a Startup Weekend Alumni. So I know the value added by an event like this coming to Lagos.

Anyway the event is for Techies and non-technical people alike. If you have ideas, you like entrepreneurship and enterprise, you can effectively work in teams, and have the drive to create, this event is for you. There are  specific numbers of tickets available for people with technical skills like programming, graphic design, etc, as well as tickets for non-technical people like marketing, business, etc, and tickets for spectators that like to just see the process.

The event takes place from September 9-11 at the Canton Concourse in Lagos Nigeria. If you want more information, want to apply to attend, or want to get involved or sponsor the event please do contact us on the website.

Here's a cool video for you to get what it's all about!


The Entrepreneurial Spirit from Justin Gutwein of ShineOn on Vimeo.

This video is a peek into the Startup Weekend Culture. By the way, there were two Nigerian on the top winning teams of Startup Weekend Baltimore. One will be speaking at our event in Lagos!

Make sure to mark the date and follow Startup Weekend Lagos on facebook @SWLagos

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Miss Adelaja. I'm a student, an artist, a fashionista, an innovator, and entreprenuer. Watch me as I navigate through this thing called life on a mission to succeed. Who know where it will lead me? US, Naija, Europe, the Moon. Lets go there. I know you will enjoy the ride.